Located just north of downtown Austin with easy access to Highway 183, the 183A Tollway, Lakeline Boulevard, Crystal Falls Parkway, and Capital MetroRail, Mason Hills is a commuter’s paradise. This master planned community lies in Leander, Texas, a family-friendly city, and offers many resident-exclusive amenities, excellent schools, and numerous tax and equity building advantages. Learn more about homes currently available in Mason Hills.
Mason Hills is a collaborative effort of five of the area’s top builders. Collectively they offer 52 floorplans, ranging from three- to six-bedroom models with up to four bathrooms. Most plans offer customizable options to fit any buyer’s needs. Listings are constantly updated, so be sure to keep track of all the new construction in the community!
- Gehan Homes has over 25 years of home building experience in the Austin, Texas area and is one of the largest privately held home builders in the nation. Offering 11 floor plans in Mason Hills, their homes are right around 3,000 square feet, with prices starting in the mid $400’s. The Harvard plan is a great option for large families, with its optional fifth bedroom, study, and game room. From gourmet lifestyle kitchens to true Black Iron Coach Lamps, Gehan understands that it’s the little details that make the difference.
- In the Manor Hills community, GFO Home is offering 12 floor plans, all of which were updated by the finest local architects in 2018. Their designs offer from 2,041 square feet of living space up to 3,748, and prices begin in the mid $300’s; this includes the single-story Lincoln 5130, with its spacious open-concept design. Priding themselves on their one-on-one care through every step of the purchasing and building process, GFO Home is dedicated to providing homes designed to have the lowest environmental consequences and highest resale value while providing unparalleled livability.
- Award-winning home builder Highland Homes offers 16 home plans with a wide variety of structural options and exterior stylings in the Mason Hills Community. Family owned and operated, they are an eight-time People’s Choice Builder of the Year award winner (2011-2019), and have received a large number of accolades over the last several decades. Looking for a home that you and your family can grow into? Check out the 242 Plan, which features a master suite isolated to one end of the home and an optional second story for added space.
- With over 600,000 homes built since its 1957 founding, KB Homes is one of the oldest and largest home builders in the United States. They pride themselves on allowing their customers the ability to personalize what they value most in their home and reducing the cost of home ownership through the utilization of the latest building techniques and technology. In Mason Hills, they offer a total of 13 designs, with prices beginning in the high $200’s, between the Lakes Classic and Lakes Hallmark collections. Consider the A-2755 plan, which features a breakfast nook in addition to the dining room, and all bedrooms are upstairs to allow for the ideal entertaining environment.
- The Toll Brothers motto is “We build more than homes; we build communities.” This attitude makes them very selective in the projects they join and has led to them picked as America’s premier luxury home builders by Fortune Magazine. Their area of Mason Hills is located in The Groves section, walking distance from the Amenities Center. They feature a full catalog of floor plans, starting in the mid $500’s, and all designs are fully customizable with a variety of options for inside and outside finishes, room layouts, top-shelf appliances, and smart home features.
One look and it becomes obvious that the developers took great care to preserve the natural aesthetics of the Mason Hills area while offering a resort-living lifestyle. There is a large neighborhood pool complete with splash pad, playgrounds, and tons of sidewalks for walking and biking. Homes are tucked away in enclaves, leaving room for wooded parks with hiking trails, as well as multiple scenic ponds suitable for picnics or fishing.
Of course, there is also an Amenities Center large enough for neighborhood events and the site of the neighborhood’s sports courts, pavilions and fitness center.
Conveniently located is the byword of Mason Hills. All that the community has to offer inside its central location and ease of access makes it a wonderful place to settle down. The City of Leander itself has over 45 dining establishments to choose from ranging from ethnic delights to down-home country cooking. It is just a short drive from Mason Hills to Crystal Falls Golf Club and all the entertainment and shopping that central Austin has to offer is less than 30 minutes away. For the outdoor lovers out there, Lake Travis, Southwest Williamson County Regional Park, and the Colorado River are only a stone’s throw away.
The Texas Education Agency assesses the performance of students in public grade school using the Texas Academic Performance Report, or TAPR (formerly Academic Excellence Indicator System, or AEIS). Scoring districts is as follows:
- A – Exemplary Performance
- B – Recognized Performance
- C – Acceptable Performance
- D – In Need of Improvement
- F – Unacceptable Performance
Leander Independent School District
The Leander Independent School District received an overall B for the 2018-19 academic year. It boasts a 93 percent graduation rate and serves over 39,000 students across 44 campuses.
Students in Mason Hills are enrolled at Whitestone Elementary, located at 2000 Crystal Falls Parkway. Just over 750 students are enrolled annually as Wildcats at Whitestone in grades EE through five. For 2018-19, Whitestone received an overall A on their annual report card, including special recognition for Top 25%: Comparative Academic Growth.
For grades six through eight, Mason Hills students attend Leander Middle School, located at 410 S. West Drive. Approximately 1,100 students are enrolled at LMS, home of the Tigers, and for the 2018-19 academic year the school received an overall B on the annual report card. Special recognition was received for Academic Achievement in Mathematics and Social Studies, as well as Top 25%: Comparative Academic Growth and Comparative Closing the Gaps.
In grades nine through 12, Mason Hills students attend Leander High School. Located at 3301 S. Bagdad Road, LHS is a recognized IB World School, home of the Lions, and enrolls just over 2,000 students annually. During the 2018-19 academic year, LHS received an overall A score on their annual report card.
Resort Living with Midtown Convenience
Located in Texas’s most family-friendly city with nationally recognized schools and easy access to travel hubs, medical care, entertainment venues, shopping, and outdoor adventure sites, Mason Hills is a near-perfect community for the entire family. Find your new home in Mason Hills today!